A Step-by-Step Tutorial for Beginners Google Calendar
As a mom, calendar is very important to keep up with my work schedule, kids school activities, various appointments, bills due and family events.
I love calendars! In fact I do have a multiple of paper calendars at home.
Hanging on the wall, on top of the table, in the back of my bedroom door and a notebook organizer.
Now, I would love to share to you another calendar I’m using, the Google Calendar.
Google Calendar was developed by Google. It is available on the web and as mobile apps. It serves as time-management and scheduling calendar.
Google calendar comes with your personal Gmail address, and you will see how simple it is to use and to set-up. It keeps me organized as a mommy. It can be accessed on your phone, your tablet, and your computer. It syncs automatically between devices and can also sync with another person’s Google calendar.
- It allows me to create and edit events. Set a start and stop time with an option for an all-day event and the event frequency.
- I set up reminder so I don’t have to scramble at the last minute. I can set a multiple reminders too.
- I sync my Google calendar to my Iphone calendar.
- It is connected to my smartphone or tablet so I can get my reminders sent directly to where I am.
- I create different calendars. One for when all my bills are due. I have another for my kids school activities. I also have for birthdays and other family events. Each calendar has its own personalized color and all the appointments on my calendar are shown in that color.
- I can also sort my calendar to show all or just one of the calendars. If I’m working on my bills, I can just show my bills and focus on that.
- I love the option Google Calendar has that allows you to share calendars with others.
- This one is really cool. There is a field called Where on each appointment. Type in your address and it will automatically fills in addresses that match. Select the address for you appointment. Then when it’s in your appointment, you can click on the Map next to the address and see where you are going and get directions.
If you use your Google Calendar consistently, you will build a habit to stay organized. Don’t let life get in the way! It only takes a minute to set up an appointment and it will help you know what you have planned.
I’ll show you how you can start set up your own Google Calendar.
I like the way that the calendar displays on the page. I realize that it is both free and unsupported. Very handy, and I've been able to add multiple calendars.
If you find this helpful and interesting, please leave a comment below.